Millions of employees are injured every year at work. No matter your job, ProHealth Chiropractic Center has your “back”! Whether you sit at an office desk 40 hours a week, work 60 hours a week on your feet as a construction worker, or work full time as a stay at home mom, we can help you feel and perform at your highest level.
Your age, your physical fitness level, your weight, heredity, and your job are all major factors in causing back pain. Lower back pain and repetitive stress injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome, are just two of the more common work-related conditions we treat on a regular basis. Some of the advantages of visiting ProHealth Chiropractic Center is the use of non-invasive solutions to fix pain instead of giving medications that just mask the pain—causing further damage and affecting your work level.
Did you know that many work related injuries can be avoided? We have a few rules that will help you reduce the chances of work-place injuries– a consultation with one of our doctors can help you know what those are for your situation. A few general tips that may help you in your work environment are below:
• Use your legs, not your back when lifting!
• Don’t slouch! Sitting up straight puts less pressure on the discs and vertebrae of your back.
• Encourage a culture of safety in your workplace→Communication is key!
• Keep your work area neat and tidy to help reduce any chance of a work-place injury from occurring.
• Take breaks from physically fatiguing activities.
• If you are in the same position for long amounts of time, make sure you get up and stretch it out.